Description

Join our family as we embark on a year of virtual school and travel around the United States.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Puppies & Kitties on the Farm

  Many of our blog posts are about historical sites and interesting places to visit with kids.  This one is really just a chance to show some adorably cute pictures of baby critters.  While staying in Tennessee, we had the opportunity to visit Gourmet Pasture Beef on the Gunn Family Farm and see both kittens and puppies.  It's a beautiful and picturesque site, and we appreciated the chance for the kids to see a working farm. 





The momma cat and her kittens weren't hard to find - they greeted us eagerly before pausing for lunch.


  Clearly, the kids were in heaven.  There's not much cuter than a friendly and playful kitten, unless it's two of them.  (Or more!)





After playing with kittens until they were all ready for naps, we headed over to the barn to see the puppies.  At the gate, one little puppy face appeared, then wriggled through the hole.  Out popped one fat little puppy.  Behind him a whole passel of puppy faces appeared at the hole, and one by one they popped out.  Chaos ensued. 



This photo was just pure bliss on the part of Sissy, and the puppy.  If I were going to title this photo, I'd call it "Puppy Love."








Sissy is my photography helper, and she took a few shots of me with the puppies.  The little blonde one I'm holding was a little bit shy, and she just wanted to be snuggled and protected from everything.  They were all too cute for words.



After the kids got tired of being licked to death, we headed back around the barn to see what the kittens were up to.  I realized about 10 steps out that I had taken off my sunglasses to hold the puppies and placed them on the step next to me.  I turned back around to get my sunglasses and as I came around the corner, not 30 seconds after leaving, I found 9 little puppies playing tug of war with my sunglasses on the ground!  Thankfully, the game had just started and my sunglasses escaped unscathed.  Lesson learned: never leave a new toy unattended with 9 puppies. 

My son found a small toad, and entertained himself and the cats with it until it hopped off.  The cats were less than impressed.


    The irresistible pull of the kittens drew the kids back for another round of play and more cute photos.




This little kitten was content to stay in Sissy's arms.  They gazed at each other in mutual adoration for quite a while. 




A couple of the kittens started climbing trees and playing in the flower beds.  It's really hard to pass up a photo op with a cute kitten, so we'll end this blog with a few of my favorites.  Many thanks to Gourmet Pasture Beef for letting us come visit!








No comments:

Post a Comment